
Caleb was born to read... or born to be read to, at this point. He is a very simple child. He enjoys songs, books, and mostly your company. This can be a problem if you have a load of "clean" dishes that have been sitting in the dishwasher for a few days (well, what's left of the clean load- honestly, why do we even have cabinets?) or have laundry to do.
So instead of folding a stack of towels I sit and read a stack of books to Caleb, not once or twice, but sometimes, THREE TIMES a day. The same seven books day-in and day-out. I have Doctor Seuss's ABC's memorized. Name a letter any letter, I dare you!
Besides my new found book club with Caleb, here is some other Thomson Tidbits...
- Mike doesn't go to yard sales. He just doesn't. But out of curiosity one day he went to one and found some awesome keys. OLD keys. OLD RITZ CARLTON keys... from Atlantic City, NJ. We looked up some info about the RC in NJ and found out the keys date somewhere between 1927-1950. They are really neat looking. I'll have to take a picture and put it up. Anyways. The previous owner had just found the keys a few moments before Mike showed up. They found the keys on the ground... in some bushes. Mike paid $5.00 for the keys with a stern warning from the seller, "If I see you on Antique Roadshow... why I atta! (paraphrasing)"
- Mike went yesterday (Thursday) on a cruise around the Boston harbor. We'll have to post those pictures too... someday.
- I got called to the Primary Board. Hooray!
Yep. That's about it.
3 comments:
Primary Board? Like presidency? Oh and I'm jealous for the keys :)
Naw. "Primary Board" was a new term to me as well. Basically, you get called into Primary to do whatever- that way, you don't have to be released and sustained repeatedly as you move from class to class, assignment to assignment.
Super smart. Saves a lot of time that way.
I love primary. Even though I am not officially in primary anymore, Wes is. This means I do get to go to primary and teach with him during class time. Ah, primary.
Post a Comment