Spring is definitely settling into its eastern residence. Caleb and I grabbed a blanket, a baggie of apple slices, and some toys and headed out to…
our side yard. You see we really don’t have a backyard… and our front yard is a slope, so we have a side yard. Funny, now whenever I say yard in my head, I hear “yahd.”
While we were outside our neighbor, Buddy, came over and sat down with us and chatted. Buddy is an older fellow, born and raised in Millis. He serves on the town’s Historical Commission. We looked over the land that lies below our property, as he pointed and spread his hands wide; he enlightened me about the Wampanoag that hosted the very land that we rested on. He happily answered the questions I had about local structures, and was glad to be reassured he wasn’t boring me. “No,” I said, “not at all. I love history. I spend a lot of time doing genealogy.” He invited me to help the historical commission set up flags for Memorial Day at Prospect Hill, and I replied that I just might.
As he departed to go to his home, he asked, “You said you did genealogy? ... Well, my daughter has been trying to do ours, and has gotten a lot done too, but she can’t get past my great grandfather.”I smiled, “Give me the information. I’ll see what I can do.”
I wish I hadn’t said that. Because, I have seen ‘what I can do’ and I’ve tapped my resources, so I’ll have to pray about it. Luckily, all my genealogical prayers have been met in the past, so I have faith this one will too. In fact, last night before bed, while I probed the recess of my mind – you know, the endless lists, the day’s events, tomorrow’s soon-be’s- I came across a possible answer to my genealogical hitches I’ve been experiencing recently. I’ll have to try it today. I’ll let you know if it’s successful.
Saturday
“We live in the greatest town in America,” that’s what I told Mike as Millistonian families tracked for tin-foiled chocolate eggs in the afternoon drizzle at Oak Grove Farm (this is also where they have their Civil War Reenactments, and no I'm not kidding about that). Caleb sat content on the wet grass, picking up eggs placing them nonchalantly in the basket- like he does this every day or something! He collected 22 eggs in total. His parents were grateful for the pre-Easter treat.
Yes, those are all tin-foiled chocolate eggs!
"MmMmMm... chocolate!"

Oh, the Easter Bunny was there too! (I’ll post the picture some time, promise)
Sunday
I asked a really great question during my Primary lesson… well, hm, maybe it wasn’t the question that was great, but the audience I was inquiring. Let’s face it, the person who is answering the question usually makes or breaks it. Anwyays.
As I held a picture of Jesus Christ blessing the Nephite children, I asked, “If you were with Jesus, like these children, what would you say to him?”One of my CTR5’s said, “Teacher, I would say, ‘Jesus, thanks for the lesson… (a long string of dialogue I couldn’t follow)… and my family,”
Another one answered simply, “Jesus, I love you so very a lot.”
I sure do love Jesus so very a lot, too.
I asked a really great question during my Primary lesson… well, hm, maybe it wasn’t the question that was great, but the audience I was inquiring. Let’s face it, the person who is answering the question usually makes or breaks it. Anwyays.
As I held a picture of Jesus Christ blessing the Nephite children, I asked, “If you were with Jesus, like these children, what would you say to him?”One of my CTR5’s said, “Teacher, I would say, ‘Jesus, thanks for the lesson… (a long string of dialogue I couldn’t follow)… and my family,”
Another one answered simply, “Jesus, I love you so very a lot.”
I sure do love Jesus so very a lot, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment