Caleb, although a quiet observer by nature, is beginning to speak up. Here are some of the words he has been tossing around.
Beep n. a form of transportation and entertainment.
Context: Caleb looks longingly out the window one bright Sunday afternoon and repeatedly whispers “Beep, beep, beep…” noting it has been at least 24 hours since he has played with his toy car. Any ideas what I’m going to do come winter time?
Pa-leeze inj. a word that suggests a request. variations: peas.
Context: If Caleb wants a chance to taste the mint chocolate chip ice cream Mommy is eating, then he better say “Pa-leze.”
I (insert any given phoneme here) you a phrase that when mimicked makes parents joyful.
Context: When Mommy says, “I love you,” Caleb sometimes replies, “I off you”
Also, Caleb says seemingly random things at opportune times like yesterday during Family Home Evening. We usually just teach the FHE lesson that arrives in our inbox from LDS Living. We have been having FHE on Sunday afternoons since Mike started school.
As Caleb was finishing up his lunch, Mike and I began Family Home Evening with the suggested song for the lesson… a song I didn’t know. I played the song and asked Mike, “Do you know this song?” in which Caleb replied soundly,
“I do-oo!”
We both gaped at him and then started laughing. We listened to the remainder of the song, surprised that Caleb didn’t croon along considering his proclaimed familiarity.
I’ve been meaning to post this for awhile. I have mentioned my friend Caitlin on my blog before. Words I would use to describe her are: self-reliant, compassionate, meek and joyful. I love her dearly. We attended the same singles ward, got engaged the same week, and married a week apart. We were in a creative writing class together, thank goodness (if you don’t understand this statement- lucky you). And we both longed for additions to our families. 
On August 30, Caitlin and her husband Ammon received their addition, their daughter Sharon.
She was born prematurely. Prayers and thoughts are needed.
One thing I have learned from our circumstance is ...
Downloading fonts
The fonts I use for my blog are generally downloaded from dafont. Here's how to download fonts from dafont.
After you have determined a font to download, select the font. On the resultant page there will be a box that says “Download PC. Mac OS X” in the top right-hand corner. Click the box and a pop-up will ask Do you wan to open or save this file? Save the file to your desktop (or other preferred area). Right click on the newly created folder on your desktop and select “extract all.” After the file is unzipped, copy the .ttf document. Locate your computer’s font folder. Mine is under Control Panel in a folder entitled “Fonts.” Paste the .tff document in your font folder. Open up a word document and try out your new font.


2 comments:
Thank you Angela. Of course, I was tearing up reading it, but it was beautiful & I love you!
HOW did you know that I wanted your fonts?!?
I was going to leave a note and ask and you preempted me. As usual.
I love your blog.
Hope all is going well.
Rachel
Post a Comment