Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's in the mail...




After consulting with my personal shopper
, we settled on the perfect surprise for the Supreme Guesser and the Honorable Mentionee, something that is very close to our hearts. So Kim and Janet, expect a parcel in the mail from one Caleb E. Thomson, it should take 8-10 weeks to arrive. Just kidding. : )

As an additional bonus the Supreme Guesser, gets to be one of the few on the “in” of what the manuscript is about (details which will not be provided in blogdom until I get my dang letter).

Also, per April’s suggestion, I will be spotlighting Kim Kruchek in this very post. Just nine questions with an abundance of Kim. Could you ask for anything more?... I submit you cannot.



Kim Meyers Kruchek, if you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
I had to go to some good sources for this one. First I went to www.behindthename.com and generated a random name until I found one I liked. It’s a toss up between Danijela Gioconda. Or maybe Albertina Aspasia. Then I got to thinking, Gee, maybe I should stick with my cultural heritage and go with a good solid Mormon name. That led me to the “Utah Baby Namer” website, http://wesclark.com/ubn/ . I think I’ll have to settle with:
Latreva Shazzanna
Has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?








Name one thing you miss about being a kid. (Please tell me it’s the sixth grade blazer.)
Although that hot pink blazer (with matching black plaid STIRRUP leggings) was smokin’, I’m going to have to go with school lunch. No really. Elementary school was chocolate milk. Middle school was Jamaican beef patties on coco bread (drool…) and high school was personal pizzas, slushies and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. Yum.

Maybe I’m just hungry right now.



Besides sliced bread, what do you think is the greatest thing? And why.
Mr. Clean’s Magic Eraser. We’ve spent a lot of time together lately. My 3-year old thinks my house need redecorating.

Most hated chore on the household chore list?
Oooh. Cleaning the bathtub. Hands down. That’s what husbands are for!

You wouldn’t be caught dead, where?
At “New Moon”. I’d rather suffer death by blood-sucking leeches. I was dragged to “Twilight”. It was a near-death experience.


Looking back on my blog entries I’ve mentioned some of my phobias like the book Goodnight, Moon, dead fish, and cemeteries. What are some things that give you the heebie-jeebies?
Velvet. And whatever fabric that is that they use on car ceilings. And the fake velvet blankets they use at cheap hotels. *shudder* Spiders – big, fat, hairy ones. Roaches. Earwigs. Horror movie trailers. And that viral giant zit video on YouTube. Nasty.



What is your favorite movie love scene?

Definitely BBC’s “Persuasion”. She looks like a fish. A dying fish.


If you had to choose a movie title for your life story, what would that be?
“The Merry-Go-Round”. I go around and around doing the same things: cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry. However, there’s lots of crazy music and beautiful things to go along with it. :)

Lastly, how does it feel to be the supreme guesser? And what contributed to your success? (I know you’ve been training for this achievement for so long.)
I feel so honored! And the key to my success was sheer curiosity. Not knowing something makes me nutty. I finally decided to put all the clues together instead of making random guesses in the dark.




I hope everyone learned something valuable today
whether it was about Kim
or being selective about pictures you post on Facebook. : )
Congrats on being the Supreme Guesser, Kim!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Brian Regan rocks. That was awesome, thanks! :)

Brock and Kristina said...

Wow, I was wondering how you managed to get that AWESOME sixth grade picture. FB rocks. That was my favorite part. So my question is, did she guess the most, or the closest? Good job Kim (if you're reading this) Sorry I gave up on you Angela. :)

Me said...

Kristina-

Kim wrote me an e-mail after Clue #6 entitled "MY GUESS" where in she guessed correctly that I had written something and sent it to Deseret Book and was awaiting to hear back. She also included her "notes" for each clue. :)

Janet's very first guess was too close for comfort, she commented, "My guess is that you published a book and that the first prints will arrive then. Is that my prize?"

The well rounded mom said...

Congratulations Kim! So much I didn't know about you! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails