Saturday, November 28, 2009

My "Currant" Disposition

Ever feel like the currant bush? I think it goes without saying I have.
An excerpt from one of my all-time favorite talks explains what-the-heck I'm talking about:
“I went out one morning and saw a currant bush. It had grown up over six feet high. It was going all to wood. There were no blossoms and no currants…So I got some pruning shears and went after it, and I cut it down, and pruned it, and clipped it back until there was nothing left but a little clump of stumps. […] You know, I thought I heard that currant bush talk. And I thought I heard it say this:

Read the Gardner’s reply here.
What a wonderful promise.
It fills me with peace and brims me to tears.



5 comments:

Brent & Andrea said...

Also one of my favorite talks! Luckily the end result is better than we ever imagined.

Caleb is such a cutie. He is so grown up. Holy cow, we need to see you guys this spring.

Amy said...

Look at your little boy! He is very handsome!

That made me feel good inside too.

mom said...

Thank You for the token pic of our grandson. I want a lot. Now if only You and Mike were in it. Love Mom

Sunderhaus Family said...

Cute 'token' pic. Looks like quite the energizer bunny!

The well rounded mom said...

Great talk Angela! Here is the song of the currant bush!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4qR5pyKmpM
It's from "Joseph King of Dreams"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails