Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Priceless.


8 semesters of
higher education:
$$$$$



Losing your degree
during your last move:
priceless

Tonight I regrouped my search efforts for the most expensive paper of my life:
my Bachelor of Science degree in English Education.
Ever since we moved into the house it has been MIA.

My way of finding things: rummaging around aimlessly before prodding Mike to help.
Tonight, Mike is staying late in Cambridge, so he left me no other option:
let’s get ready to RUMM-AGE!

And you know what, after going through my recommendation letters, my old assignments, sketches, love letters and other odds-and-ends I remembered something:
I was good at what I did. Whatever that was.

Once, not too long ago, but it seems so removed from the now, I use to be good at
something.
Reading the endorsements of my professors paints a picture of a capable rising-teacher.

These days, I feel anything but




capable.

PS Yes, my degree is still missing.

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

This happened to me with our Social Security cards. The last I could remember having them was when we bought our house (in March or April last year) and couldn't find them, even after we brought Sharon home (in December). Ammon finally found the envelope of house documents, including our cards, about a month ago. I was starting to get pretty worried.
Good luck finding your degree. Hint: pray a lot.

The well rounded mom said...

Yikes! Hope you find it soon! and you are so capable!: D

Shauni said...

I can definitely relate! Some days it seems impossible to believe that I used to be responsible for the education of 25 sixth graders, and now I can barely hold onto one 20-month-old, let alone keep all of my paperwork straight.

You're still good at writing, if that means anything!

Brock and Kristina said...

I often feel like this. Especially on days when I can't remember my name. It helps me to hear from other women who are going through the same thing. It hits us all on occassion, but certainly doesn't make it any easier!!! I think you are very capable of MANY things. Especially multi-tasking. I could go on and on and on with what....but I'll spare you. Just don't become incapable of the basics: sleep, eat, bathe child. Oh and finding that degree would be nice. I bet it's hiding somewhere tricky......
Good luck!

Sunderhaus Family said...

Oh geeze I understand that. It is such a horrible feeling to feel like you are not using your brain and your capabilities. The irony here is that you are feeling incapable while looking for a document that proves you are capable ROFL.

R

mntnewsgurl said...

First of all, love that pic!

Second, I think you can order a copy from NAU if you'd like...

Third, you're awesome and capable! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails