Monday, June 21, 2010

Incoming


Friday was the day. It was sunny and Caleb was in a good mood. Can’t beat that, so we drove to Hopedale that morning. I parked in a Resident Only lot, all for the sake of art and we walked down the block to Freedom Street. I spent a lot of time in Hopedale last year as you know. And upon my first encounter I decided I liked the place. It’s small. Smaller than Millis and that’s saying something. The architecture of the town, like most of New England, is amazing.
One structure that I fell square over compass for was an old factory on Freedom Street. Ever since I discovered this building last year it has been my destiny to photograph Caleb there!
Friday was the day.
I ended up with 160 shots and the following are what I have edited.
Here’s what a granola bar and lots of cars passing by got me:




























The reason why I like the photo above is less obvious, you have to enlarge it. The street sign says “Progress.” Just so you know, Progress Street in Hopedale is a “one way” that leads to one of those caution “children” signs. :)

The hardest part wasn’t protecting Caleb from the oncoming traffic.
It was protecting the cars from the Caleb-projected rocks.
(Yi-ikes.)

4 comments:

Marné said...

ang - I love them! Caleb looks very handsome, your shots have great angles. where did you learn these skills?

Me said...

I'll have post teh blooper reel, Marné. You won't be impressed then! :)

Sunderhaus Family said...

That is some amazing photography! His lips are too too awesome

ALLENTOWN said...

Angela, this is where I took our Christmas Card photo this year! I love the location and the Caleb-boy looks so, so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails