Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PDA


If you do not like public displays of affection,
you should stop reading now. Go read Hyperbole and a Half instead.

Now,
back to the post at hand.



Recently I inherited some board games from freecycle (man, I love me some freecycle) and had to make room on the top shelf in our entryway closet for the spoils from strangers.

While doing so, I could have sworn I heard this song playing.

As I rearranged the contents of the shelf I found an envelope.

Not just any envelope, but an out-of-place envelope.

An envelope addressed to: Angela (my eternal companion)

I know that envelope and its filling. It was given to me by Mike right before we were married. The letter gives an explanation for a gift he purchased for me as a wedding token and assures me of his devotion.
I have a box for these types of things. I have a Mike box.

And the envelope I found, wasn’t in it.

Odd, I thought. Then I remembered.
I had tucked the letter into my coat pocket, and carried it with me to Emma’s burial. Holding his words gave me courage.
That explained it.

But let me explain. Let me explain this post, dear reader.

You see,
I’m writing a letter.



Moose, you are probably reading this early in the morning or late at night on Google Reader. (I love that you follow my blog and check-up on me) I just want you to know, I’m thinking of you. Every day my thoughts are occupied by you. No vacancy here, buddy.

I’ve always said it and meant it-- you are my favorite, mister. Thank you for being good-- and all the attributes that simple word entails. Know that being your eternal companion is the most important thing in the world to me no matter what journeys might be before us.

You make me, the boys and your daughter so very proud.

I sure do love you.

-Badger



Now I do believe this is an AB blog, reader, so C your way out, would you? : )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails