Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Heart You.



During our stay
in Flagstaff Mike took me out on a date. Grandparents are a wonderful thing to have, and really are a must-have baby item. No assembly required after all and they are not a choking hazard. Spoilage may occur though.

Anyways.



Mike planned the date. I have to tell you that it was on a whim. After hinting all week, he finally got the tip-off I wanted a date with him. Some things never change, do they?
So he rigged the engagement spur-of-the-moment.

First, he took me to Michael’s craft store where we purchased a sheet of red paper, scissors, and stickers.
He had me cut out a red heart and we decorated it. (My old roommates should know where this is going!) We then drove around town and took pictures of places significant to us.

I had done this for Michael before. For our first Valentine’s Day I had my roommates run around town with me, holding up a paper heart and snapping pictures, making them nauseated by me being twitterpated. I put the photographs in an album and presented them to my fiancée oops, he was only my boyfriend then.

Now we were taking the pictures together, and there were some new sites to capture and some old sites that have been altered.

Here’s what we got:

First: the heart.
I chose the animal stickers and Mike chose a cooking theme set. They mashed well.

The stadium where we had our first date.

The restaurant we went to after the game.
Wait... is that our 4Runner?!

The Institute where we met, attended church, took institute classes, graduated from institute, yada, yada, yada…

The library Mike worked at for a moment in time.
We liked to sit in the “Mormon” section and chat about life, the universe and everything.

Our parking spots.


My old apartment and the balcony where Mike “helped” me with my Spanish,
and where I would sit and wait to get a glimpse of Mike.

The laundry mat we frequented as poor college newlyweds.

The apartment we lived in as poor college newlyweds.






After documenting the past it was time to cool off with some Sonic.
Did you the know out here the closest Sonic is an hour away?... in Peabody?
(pronounced PEE-BUH-DEE)
And there’s never really a good enough excuse to visit Peabody.
None.


{SIGH}
. . . my dreams are made of Ocean Water and crispy tots.


6 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, that looked like my old apartment...wait...it was! Thanks for getting married so I could get your roommates. They were awesome roommates!

Jenna said...

I loved it! Glad to hear things are going well.

Geevz said...

Super cute idea! I have every intention of stealing it.

Sunderhaus Family said...

nice

Marné said...

that is a great date.

Lindsay said...

i love ocean water. And I love the stepping stones of where you've been and started your life, even while being poor. Great date!

Related Posts with Thumbnails