Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthdays!

Someone turned 4! Can you guess who?... That's right, our adorable Caleb!
He is getting so big. He asked for “A pigeon drive a bus” cake. We are huge Mo Willems fans over here at casa de Thomson. Caleb also chose the dinner- a natural coupling with the themed cake: hotdogs. He also picked the sides: bananas and chips. (check out those classic New England hotdog buns, yeesh)



For his birthday he received a sprinkler (he is just itching for some warm weather), kid-sized yard tools, gardening gloves, a toy vacuum, lincoln logs, toy cars, binoculars, and glow-in-the-dark stars.
You know, typical geeky Caleb stuff. We sure do love him. :)


I just was made aware that I never posted anything for Nathanael’s birthday. Curse of the subsequent child, I’m afraid. So here is the break down his celebration.

I made a small Ah-lah-yah (or however you want to spell it) cake using blue frosting and almond bark for details. It is a known fact that fondant and babies don’t mix. Heck, most adults and fondant don't mix. ;)


Nate received his very own Ah-lah-yah as a birthday gift and there was much, much rejoicing. A life-long dream had been realized. (And lost since I have no idea where his blue friend is at the moment!)


We love our boys so much and couldn’t imagine life without them... we speculate it would be terribly dull and not nearly as cute, though.

Caleb turns 4!

3 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

Happy Birthday little moose(en?) :)

The well rounded mom said...

That little boy looks like you!Glad he got his own Ay-ya-ya! I can't believe how big Caleb is getting! Great cake!

Brent & Andrea said...

Happy birthday to our sweet nephews! We have missed reading your updates. Give the boys a hug for us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails