I could tell- it was going to be a loooooong night.
And for those of you who have made this venture before know it isn’t just one night. In my experience, it takes about two weeks before any habit is instilled in any child. I don’t know what is magical about fourteen days, but I can’t argue with results. Teaching a child to stay in bed takes consistency and patience, and I often find a good book to read while you play bedtime gestapo is useful.So. Now my crib is, well, crib-less.
Mind you, the realization struck me a few weeks ago that Nate was no longer a baby. But the absence of a crib is just conclusive. We are a baby-less household.
So, I’m taking advantage of the warm autumn afternoons by letting Nate strut around in his diaper. This attire makes him seem more like a baby, less like a toddler, and comforts this desolate mommy.
Here are some videos of Nate before bedtime showing off some of his vocabulary. He hasn’t been much of a talker. He has always been a very content kid, so he hasn’t ever really needed to communicate with us. He has a very high EQ in my opinion, so I don’t worry about him too much.
Here is a list of his vocabulary for his baby book:
At 20 months…
can say- dada, mama, bro-bro/bra-bra, nana (banana), wawa (water), bah-bah (bye-bye), uh oh, ow, duck
can make the following animal sounds: moo, quack, woof, meow, pants like a dog, roars (lion, bear, dinosaur, monster), tweets, bahs, monkey oo-oos.
can sign- please, more, help, sorry, all done
can gesture- no, yes, wave hello and good-bye
likes to pretend to- talk on the phone, sleep (great big snores), and be a puppy dog.
2 comments:
So cute
love it love it
Post a Comment