Thursday, June 5, 2008

June 1- June 7, It's raining, it's pouring!

It has been raining in the mornings. Wet. Wet. Wet.


Caleb and I have been staying inside keeping ourselves busy...

  • watching Grandma on the webcam (finally got the sound fixed)

  • playing with the blue moose plush toy

  • singing songs

  • I started reading a new book this week (Don't You Marry those Mormon Boys)

  • cooking (go figure.) I left a recipe at the end of the post if you are interested in an easy slow-cook dinner.

  • taking naps

  • scrapbooking


Angela News:

I went to a ward book club on Wednesday. I used the GPS to get to the house it would be hosted at... unfortunatly Mike had the GPS set to avoid highways... I got to my distination eventually. I got to see a lot of the back roads though. It amazes me how thick the woods are here and how flat everything is. I enjoyed the book club and look forward to the next one. Although I have the tendency to appear "stand-offish," "shy" or "snobby" when I first meet people, I really did enjoy the company at the meeting. Any of my dear friends can testify that once I feel comfortable around you, I'll open up and start talking... and never stop. :)

Mike News:

Mike started work this week and seems to be enjoying himself. He has been using some backroads to get to work. We made up some pictures and put them in frames for his cubicle. He got the computer up and running for the most part. He has been such a great help to me with Caleb. We are so lucky to have such a great daddy! This Sunday is Mike's first Father's Day! Exciting! I'm going to make meatloaf and potatoes and jell-o for dessert.

Caleb News:

We have been trying to develop a nightly routine with Kabob. Around 7:00 pm he takes a bath... whether he likes it or not... sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't, after the bath he eats, if he is still awake we walk from room to room saying "Goodnight, (whatever room)"... then if he still isn't asleep he nurses some more. He usually drifts off to sleep by 9:00.

Caleb is experiencing another growth spurt on top of his teething... so.... he is miserable for the most part and wants to cuddle a lot.

He has been doing well with playtime spending 15-40 mintues at a time content by himself. He likes to lay in his play yard and watch the mobile or lay on the floor and raise his butt up in the air or suck on his hands. He gets so mad if you put him on his belly now... he is so close to crawling... his arms won't let him move though... he doesn't have the coordination yet and he gets frustrated.


Here's another picture scrap of Kabob.

Easy Slow-Cook Pasta Recipe:
You will need:

1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, both cut into strips
1 cup frozen broccoli
1 jar of alferdo or parmesan cheese sauce
optional: 1 or 2 browned chicken breasts seasoned with garlic salt, oregano and pepper.
egg noodles

Place everything but the noodles in a slow cooker on low for 3 hours (or more depending on your cooker). When chicken is done cut up and return it back to the cooker. Prepare pasta al dente and toss it into the cooker for the last 30 mintues.

Until next week... keep your ears clean!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails