Monday, June 23, 2008

June 22- June 28, Lookie!

No, I'm not talking about CALEB (although he is quite a masterpiece). I'm talking about the blanket.
There we go. I made a tie-fleece blanket for Caleb to lay on. It is 4 feet long and O-SO cuddlily! It was really easy to make, it took less than an hour which is nothing compared to the 38 weeks it took me to make Caleb!
My mom actually made him a smaller blanket that we use for the swing and carseat- we call it the "poof blanket." He loves that blanket as well.
Newborn Caleb with POOF Blanket

Selecting the fleece for this project was very difficult. I was wandering around Jo-Ann's Fabrics trying to find that "Caleb" fleece, ya know? Ten mintues later, I gave up. The fact is, my son is almost three months old and he still doesn't really have a personality that I can rationalize a fleece selection on. So, brightly colored stripes and blue it was! : )
Don't get me wrong. My son does have quirks, he smiles, he babbles to us, but most of these things are pretty random. I guess the blanket's wacky stripes can represent that.
He loves to cuddle and eat the tassles, that's all that matters, right?
I made another blanket for someone in our ward and I plan on making another for Shelly (Mike's sister).
While I had the camera out, I thought I would snap a few shots of our living room since it is somewhat clean (we had the missionaries over last Friday).

So here they are:



Yes, that is a computer screen... and, yes, it is almost as wide as our bookshelf... and, YES, it was Mike's idea. : )
So, here is an interesting fact we learned this week about our ward- it has about twenty bapstisms a year. AND, we also learned that the Stake President over here made a "prediction" of sorts, he said that he sees the stake doubling in size over the next few years. And us moving here makes us a part of that- glad we could help out. : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hey I was happy to find out that you have a blog. It's a great way to keep in touch. We have a blog too you can find it at. daveandraquel.blogspot.com

Amy said...

I like your place. I think it's nice to just have the space!

Related Posts with Thumbnails