Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Project List


#1 Family Picture Fridge Magnets
#2 Caleb’s Four Generations


I made these for my parents, now I want Caleb to have one up in the nursery. I print the pedigree on velum and overlay it unto a picture. I was thinking of using a naivety picture for the backing this time.
#3 Family History Story Book
I made a family history activity book before, now I want to make a storybook for my nieces and nephews. It's entitled Some of My Ancestors. The manuscript has already been written I just have to put it together. Here is a page:
"SOME of my ancestors lived in Idaho.
Did you know?
Idaho's state fruit is the Huckleberry, the state vegetable is, of course, the potato.
Ancestor Fact:
Your Great Grandpa Allen C. Ostergar cleaned the Blackfoot tabernacle; the structure still stands today, but is no longer owned by the church."
#4 Kappes Family Cookbook: Recipes to Remember
I’m in the process of gathering the materials for this project. I’m going to use
Heritage Cookbook to create the book.
#5 My Book
Will anyone ever guess Fig’s middle name? Who will win the 367 dollars? Will Ammon get the moo-lah he needs to wow Rev Palmer’s daughter Prom night? And what is the theme for Mormon Prom this year? More importantly, will Fig do the right thing and call off the lottery before his good name gets tarnished? I know the answers to these questions and more, I just need to write them down. So much is happening in the small town of Campbell. :)
Sewing Projects
My sister is going to send me her sewing machine! And I have big plans!
#5 Skirt



#6 Curtains

#7 PJ bottoms

Jody and I at Girl's Camp

I learned how to make PJ bottoms in YWs. We made a pair each year for girl’s camp. The picture shown here was one of our Stake years, the theme was Olympics (the Olympics were in SLC that year) and our ward was South Africa. Those were the capris we made that year (we made capris and PJs). If you look in the background, you’ll see paint buckets that are topped with padding and fabric. We used them for chairs. Comfy and efficient (we carried them everywhere and carried our mess kits and scriptures and handbooks in them).
That was also the year we had to evacuate the campsite because of a forest fire. That is another story for another day.
Some more embarrassing photos:

16th Birthday, my YW group got me my own scriptures!

Jody and I at Nationals (I got 5th place)

What's on YOUR list?

1 comment:

Marné said...

Looks to me like you are a busy woman. Do you need help with moving/cleaning/painting the new place? We're around - give us a call!

Related Posts with Thumbnails