Monday, February 23, 2009

All Er Nuthin'

The other night Mike and I were watching Oklahoma! for, like, the fifth time together,
We are a musical family (as in the film genre not talent) Will started to sing “All Er Nothin'” to Ado Annie and I couldn’t help smiling! The lyrics reminded me of Michael’s attitude while we dated.
When I met Mike I wasn’t ready for a boyfriend, I wanted to date and
enjoy myself.
Mike wanted something a little more serious, but respected my wishes… that was until I wanted to
hold his hand.
“Nope,”
was his response, “that’s more of a boyfriend/girlfriend thing.”
I thought he had softened his stance when he kissed me a few weeks later. NOPE. I think it was some kind of phychological warfare. The very next day, I went in for a kiss and got REJECTED, I got SHUT DOWN. Mike had tried another DTR talk on me and said, “No kissing unless we are going out.”
I caved. Not even within 24 hours of our first kiss.

Yeah, he’s that good of a kisser.


With me it's all er nuthin'.
Is it all er nuthin' with you?
It cain't be "in between"
It cain't be "now and then"
No half and half romance will do!
I'm a one woman man, Home lovin' type,
All complete with slippers and pipe.
Take me like I am, er leave me be!
If you cain't give me all, give me nuthin'
And nuthin's whut you'll git from me!
All Er Nuthin, Oklahoma!

5 comments:

Janet said...

This cracked me up! I love this movie and had a similar experience when I started dating Greg. What a great story!

Brock and Kristina said...

I saw this play in NYC with my parents...one of my fav's. I love learning more about you and Mike...cute story.

Amy said...

Good ol' all or nuthin' with us Okies.

Geevz said...

Boys and their crazy mind tricks. we fall every time.

Sunderhaus Family said...

By far, you two are the only couple I know who would engage in psychological warfare as you date. hahahahahaha I love that he messed with you. That is awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails