If you’d ask him, Mike would say my favorite fruit is avocado. He’d be wrong. I adore pears. I find them awfully tasty and terribly romantic. (I mean, haven’t you seen the pear scene from City of Angels?)
But a recent revelation brings new merit to the phrase
you are what you eat.
I was reading CJaneEnjoyIt and I saw her soft delicious center button, that declares her body type is a middle-figured apple, and decided to go to Cardigan Empire and give it a whirl.
BC & AD
Those of you who are mothers know this already, but those of you who aren’t should be naïve no longer-
Those of you who are mothers know this already, but those of you who aren’t should be naïve no longer-
PREGNANCY, BIRTH and the MOTHERING LIFESTYLE change your body. Period. Expect to buy more clothes than you ever have in the space of a year than you ever had before. There’s the pre-pregnancy clothes, the pre-maternity clothes, the maternity clothes, the post-partum clothes (don’t forget nursing outfits, if you are breastfeeding) and then the “hey-I’m-back-to-my-original-weight-and-nothing-fits-still” clothes. Yay!
BC (Before Caleb) Measurements:
Bust: 35.5
Waist: 26
Hips: 38
AD (After Delivery) Measurements:
B: 34.5
W: 28.5
H: 39
After some math, the results were in. According to Cardigan Empire I was a
Pear!
Pear!
It gives you a description of your figure, and advice how on how to drape your body type.
One sentence rang true to me:
"Feel free to exercise to your heart's content (hearts like exercise). But when you are done, you'll just be a smaller pear."
This is a fact! I actually weigh LESS than I did BC, and although I climb up and down stairs all day, go on walks, and do fire hydrants- my booty only looks better not smaller.
Nevertheless,
What’s YOUR body type? Post with pride my sisters!


2 comments:
this is a great post. I plan to go find out immediately! and I couldn't agree more - AD, weight returns to normal, but something you can't quite pinpoint is...different. oh well! it's a good reason for a little shopping. :)
Heather-
I also found the stalk of celery to be pretty depressing, but I know some delightful stalks.
Post a Comment