Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Old Acquaintance, New Neighbor

Old Acquaintance: Spring
After church this week, we grabbed some grub (egg salad sandwiches for us and PB&J for Caleb), some juice, and a blanket and had lunch on the side yard.
Godzilla returns!
My mom complained that I never post pictures of me. This has to do with my genetic make-up. You see, I was cursed with my mother’s large gums and father’s small teeth- so no matter how I smile, I look hideous.


And, not only is my DNA against me, the elements are also conspiring. Rain or shine, frizz or squint, no matter the weather a bad photograph delivers!

New Neighbor: MR T (any Arrested Development fans out there?)
This past week, a new neighbor moved in down the road. He is really starting to invade our personal space. He struts around our yard, puffed up.
I welcomed last night’s rain- hoping he would look up and drown.

Mister Gobbles
Yeah. “Mister Gobbles” as Mike dubbed him, is a wild turkey and he is also our residential rooster, gobbling only before daybreak… every morning… for the last week.
Were turkeys included in the whole “Love thy neighbor” bit?
We are not pet-people. We both grew up with a number of pets. And from my experience I determined that they just aren’t worth it. Just have a kid, instead, people.
Also, despite my mad tamagotchi skills, I have a bad record with pets, especially fish. I can’t cope with fish. They die, I feel tragic. Yes, tragic. These are the things my nightmares are made of- literally. I have a dream about a koi fish that would make you shiver (with horror with laughter? who knows). Maybe I’ll share it sometime, if enough people are interested.


Speaking of koi, you should check out Mike’s koi fish on his tech blog.

4 comments:

Brent & Andrea said...

Yikes... Mister Gobbles = scary!
I am an animal lover, but always look at them in the context of "would I want to work on them?" Not a chance.

Happy spring to you, Mike, and Caleb.

Amy said...

We will probably never have pets, which I'm not sad about. Wes only would want an animal if it had a job to do.

Brock and Kristina said...

Maybe he'll stick around for Thanksgiving and then you can have a BIG FEAST!!???

Me said...

Andrea-
It’s a good thing you are an animal lover- considering your profession!
We are so lucky to have you a part of our family!

Amy-
I totally agree with Wes, sorry. But you’ll have your hands full soon enough!

Heather-
It is totally possible! I think his looks have been “maturing” since he turned one!

Kris-
Yuck. Yuck. Just, YUCK.

Related Posts with Thumbnails