Monday, June 29, 2009

{New York City}



During my parents’ stay in Massachusetts we ventured to New York City for three days. We parked the car in Scarsdale, at a chapel, and took the train into the city.

Surprisingly, after six-or-so years Michael was still completely in his element; knowing streets, sites, and subways, I felt quite confident in my husband.

While visiting the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Mike was pretty jaded. I guess I would be too if I rode the ferry every Tuesday for six months. Something I didn’t know before meeting Mike (now that I think of it, how else would I know about this?) is that missionaries do service at Ellis Island. They work on scanning and entering information, preservation-sort-of-stuff. I have always thought that was neat. Since Michael has told me that, I have reflected on how much his mission prepared him for our marriage and the preservation of our family.

Although he had “been there, done that” I know it was different for him this time visiting because Caleb was there. And he was able to see a blessing that was a direct result for serving a mission honorably: {our family}.


It was my first time visiting New York City, and honestly I couldn’t have asked for better company or a better tour guide. I love my husband.
More pictures of what we have done the past month will trickle onto to the blog. I promise there will be appearances....

maybe.






1 comment:

Sunderhaus Family said...

Oh my goodness that little boy is a precious little spirit isn't he? You can tell!
Husbands, the good ones, we should always be grateful for. I am so glad that you are so open about how much you adore him.
Keep the Faith girl, and congrats on a great hubby and a great trip. Mu sister-in-law's husband went to New York, but he is a baby- just got back Dec 07.

Much Love!
Rae

Related Posts with Thumbnails