
I don’t know if you got the memo, but the economic climate has affected Santa as well. (More so than global warming, if you ask me.) Due to the recession some of the elves had to be let go (no worries, they have other options, right?) and this has left the Big Guy short-staffed (hahaha… short-staffed, get it? Phft.)
Imagine our surprise when Santa stopped by the afternoon before Christmas… during Caleb’s nap (what a crazy random happenstance!)… to hand off Caleb’s gift, so we could get a head start on constructing the rubik kitchen. Thanks, Santa. But special thanks to Mike, who armed with a screwdriver and pliers, assembled the toy, pulled the Abominable’s teeth and helped Rudolph save Christmas.
After opening presents we gorged ourselves on the traditional Thomson Christmas breakfast. Every year I worry that I don’t make enough… this year it was cinnamon rolls, waffles with various toppings, bacon, biscuits and gravy, and orange juice.
And of course
there was enough!
there was enough!

I also made
my first pecan pie . . .
Oh.
My.
Gluttony.
My.
Gluttony.
Here’s the recipe I used for the crust and the filling.
So. Here’s the Christmas letter I didn’t get out in time. Oops. Read it if you want.
Maybe I'll strive to send out valentines this year. ; )

2 comments:
I really really like the star crust around your pecan pie. Merry Christmas!
beautiful! sounds like a very fun christmas!
Post a Comment