It’s time once again to feed my freezer. My 2001 Space Odyssey freezer.
Yesterday I made 27 Asian Meatballs, 37 regular meatballs and taco meat.
Today’s plan is to make shredded chicken and Crockpot Chicken.
Tomorrow I’ll be making waffles and perhaps freezer jam.
Whew. Here’s a peek at our dinner menu for this incoming month:
- Meatball Subs
- Asian Meatballs
- Tacos
- Taco Salad
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Choo Chee Curry
- Crockpot Chicken
- Twice-baked Potatoes
- Spaghetti
- Soup and Grilled Cheese
- Pizza
And here’s a recipe for everyone in Flagstaff, stay warm!
Dirty Snow (Oreo fudge)
The appearance is reminiscent of the cinder and snow covered Route 66... Aw, winter in Flagtown.
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 8-12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- About 10 Oreo cookies chopped into fourths
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix butter, sugar and milk in a saucepan, after brought to a full boil and stir for five minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chips a little at a time until melted. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (the marshmallow cream, cookies and vanilla) Spread into a foiled-lined and greased 13" by 9" by 2" pan. Cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
PS The Branch Christmas activity was good. We are glad we had so much help and that so many people came! We collected 20 kits and a whole bunch of food. We'll be sending the kits to Salt Lake this week!
PPS My friend posted this on facebook. Thought I'd share. : )
2 comments:
I believe it should read "inherited from Kim, who inherited it from her mother, making its date entirely unknown." hahaha
Oh, and if you find a good deal on pears, my sister made pear freezer jam, and it is delish!
Way to go on the OAMC! I'm totally impressed.
You are mad organized. My freezer is jealous.
Also, Twilight Years is hilarious! "I loved you since you left laurels..."
Post a Comment