Whew. It’s over.
And, thanks to the Moose, I remembered to take pictures of 
Each center piece cost about $1.02 to make and I made 12.1 packet, 50 pages multi-colored cardstock: $4.99
About 8 packets of 18 gauge floral wire (.69 cent each): 5.52
And we already had the vases from a wedding, but you can pick them up at the Dollar Tree for, what else, a buck.
I decided on the centerpiece two months ago (luckily), so I took my sweet time folding these bad boys. Hence, the month-worth of origami-pastime facebook status updates. (Andjustsoyouknow, ahem, I got the idea from Rachel Ray, so I should have known it was going to be a pain in the hind end.)
Overall, it was a simple activity. I LOVE potlucks. I make things look pretty and then people bring
We asked for branch members to fill-out a survey that asked about their surname’s origin and meaning and also inquired about any famous or interesting ancestors they may be aware of. Oh, and I also asked for baby pictures. I got two baby pictures in return, three if you count Marné’s preschool picture I could have just swiped from her blog. Thanks though. :)So, that was a FAIL.


No matter. We put up a map instead and had members place stickers on where they were born, lived, married or served a mission. Here’s our family’s contribution:
{yawn}I really didn’t expect the kids [and the fathers (and the missionaries)] to have so much fun making paper airplanes,
but they did!
And, what's one of my blog posts without a misspelling? *face palm*The whole other half of the gym was a fly zone.
It was like an aerial pinewood derby… with… paper.
Anyways...We went with a travel/heritage theme for our international potluck.
In October our stake is celebrating the tenth anniversary of our temple’s dedication by having a stake-wide temple conference. We have been encouraged to prepare for that by preparing names and attending the temple frequently.
At the beginning of the activity, the branch presidency handed out membership information, so members could sign-up and login to New Family Search. We also had the Family History Center open.
Thanks
to everyone for making it a fun and easy-going evening.
Now I have Adobo and Baklava in my life; it is complete.
{Num, num, nummy}
{Num, num, nummy}
Personal identity is much more
than a passport photograph.
We also have roots and branches.
Divinity is rooted in each of us.
-Elder Russell M. Nelson
than a passport photograph.
We also have roots and branches.
Divinity is rooted in each of us.
-Elder Russell M. Nelson
4 comments:
I will be ripping off a version of your centerpieces. Well done!
I wish that I was in your ward. It looks like a fantastic ward activity. Well played.
I wish you were in our banch too, Lindsay. We'd put you and Mackay right to work! :)
I knew I shouldn't have admitted to swiping it from my own blog. I found an entire album of ME the next day...too late. It looks AMAZING. I guess I should make United reimburse me for the emotional cost of missing the event :)
Post a Comment