The whole play-by-play:
Saturday morning I was prepping my Christmas menu by making cinnamon rolls when a Festivus miracle occurred! I cracked open a rather large egg and behold, two yolks!
I was first stunned then concerned. What genetic mutation has graced my kitchen?! Flashes of FOOD INC. and Simpson’s Blinky crossed my mind then I did what any other American would… I shrugged and switched the mixer back on. Stunned. Concerned. Apathetic. Very American. That evening we had pizza and carrot sticks while we watched a Christmas cartoon. After dinner we sang a song and had a prayer. We talked about Samuel the Lamanite, his prophecy and the protection granted him during his proclamation. Then our family acted out the scripture story, using crumpled new paper as projectiles. We each took turns being Samuel.
Caleb was sad to stop this activity, but we explained we had other things we needed to do: like hang the stockings, sing Silent Night by tree light, and kiss Mac goodbye, before the boys could open their new pajamas.

We ushered the kids to bed, then stuffed the stockings and put up our traditional snowflakes and went to bed ourselves. Mike read Hunger Games to me until I went to sleep. : )
The next morning Mike and I awoke to the shrill
“MOMMY AND DADDY!
SANTA BROUGHT ME CAN-DEE!
COME, LOOK! COME, LOOK!”
SANTA BROUGHT ME CAN-DEE!
COME, LOOK! COME, LOOK!”
Caleb had already vaulted downstairs to claim his stocking. Unfortunately, it was not his stocking. It was MINE. He had taken a bite out of some Ferrero Raffaello that Santa had brought just for me, the stinker!
After redirecting him to his new tent and stocking, Caleb was thrilled and the coconut balls were restored.

We ate breakfast, got dressed and went to church. It was a combined meeting with the ward, full of music. I spent most of my time in the foyer with Nathanael, who was ready for his nap.
After church we went home, had leftover pizza for lunch, and opened presents.



Our friend Paul came over and had dinner with us, we played some of Caleb’s new games, and we watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special online (thanks to Mike’s tweaking abilities) - which was awesome! One of my favorites!

Overall, I give Christmas 2011 a big thumbs up! How were your festivities?
4 comments:
merry christmas! i love the pie and so glad to hear santa knows your chocolate preferences.
I'm jealous! You got to watch the Christmas special!
So too cute. So too cute.
Hey, so I have this little boy sweater which is so cute and it has moose on it. LOL. What size is your youngest in now :)
Thinking of all five of you this Christmas/New Years Season.
Hoping that it is whole, complete, and universal - if you know what I mean.
Love you.
Rachel
Thanks, Rachel :')
Love you too.
Post a Comment