Monday, December 12, 2011

Picture a Stable in Judea

What we did Sunday for Family Home Evening:

Caleb asked to sing Scripture Power. Daddy gave the prayer. Caleb gave the lesson (he told us the Christmas story) and we made gingerbread stables! Simple and fun. I love it.


If you did not know, the title of this post is a reference to a song. Listen to it here. It is one of my favorites.







Gingerbread Stables/Mangers
What you need:
  • Graham crackers
  • can of frosting
  • yellow-dyed shredded coconut for HAY
  • crushed graham crackers and brown sugar for SAND
  • animal crackers for the ANIMALS (add a smear of frosting and marshmallows to make fluffy sheep)
  • mini peanut butter cups for *ahem* MANURE
  • and any other fixin’s you want.

    (PS Could one of my Facebook friends post this on my wall? Thank you ;) )
    PPS I bet you didn't know there were elephants at the nativity, didja?

5 comments:

Marné said...

Even more cool than I imagined in my head!

Kathryn said...

I really like that you made stables, and not gingerbread houses. Nice touch, and great idea for little ones.

Sunderhaus Family said...

Doing it.
Best compliment there is.

Lindsay said...

What an awesome idea! We are doing this! :)

Jessica Daly said...

absolutely love this! so cute :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails