Food:When we first got married for the sake of budget and sanity I made up a monthly menu. Then during the second year of marriage and before we had Caleb, I did once a month cooking (OAMC). I love doing OAMCing, especially breakfasts because Mike is a breakfast person and I am not. And the only thing I hate more than eating breakfast is making it.
Now that Caleb is around I can't set aside a day to cook 10-15 meals and freeze them. Maybe when he is older. So, I resort back to monthly menus, not because we are poor starving college students but because we only have one car and it sucks adding a shopping trip unto Mike's commute.
So this month we having: meatloaf, spaghetti, sloppy joes, stuffed bell peppers, tacos, chicken alfredo, BBQ chicken sandwiches, Hawaiian Haystacks, stir-fry, and chicken salad sandwiches. Each of these meals will have leftovers. HOORAY. We also have emergency meals set aside for Mike to cook when I am too tired... these include his culinary masterpieces of mac n cheese, frozen pizza, and breakfast for dinner.
BABIES change your life, people. It helps less organized people realize the importance of a routine and OCD people (like my husband and myself) to realize WHO THE CRAP CARES if the laundry isn't done. My apartment is disgusting, but my baby sure does smile a lot when I read Dr. Seuss to him.
Overall, the change is a good thing. I highly recommend it to people.
Caleb:
Change is not always painless though. Every month since Caleb was two months he has a few days where is "teething." It seems to be that time again. Drooling. Gnawing. Rubbing his face. Waking up during the night. Cranky Pants. All the signs are there.
Poor Kabob.
The only person he likes right now is Daddy.
1 comment:
I just started doing a food calendar again! It's just so much easier trying to think up something every day for dinner. Some days I don't have that much brain power left when 4 o'clock rolls around.
BTW, we missed you last night. :( Hope Caleb is feeling better soon.
Post a Comment