Desperately Seeking
a blog post about, well, not what you think (or maybe it is)
I have a box in my closet. No, this is not a proverbial skeleton or other nonsense. It’s a literal box, attached to so much right now.
I liken it to my wedding dress. How I use to try it on nearly every day after it was purchased. I covet this box, or rather, its contents.
It rests on the top shelf. I carry it down in embraced fingertips (I often wonder what it would be like to be of average or extraordinary height… everything is always fingertips away for me- story of my life, really). O, how I would sit with the box waiting, wanting, contemplating to slice the adhesive peel that held it together, but I didn’t.
Because
somewhere in my head an idea has taken root. If the box was to be open, floodgates would become undone and a lot of grief would ensue. Frankly, Pandora has nothing on me.
It’s bad juju, mojo, luck- whatever. Even writing this post has been delayed by this psyche embeddedment (no, it's not a word but oh well- I plead jabberwocky insanity), and falls under this “bad” category.
But at twelve weeks. I can no longer restrain myself.
My size eight jeans can no longer restrain me.
Thank you to those who have been in on it from the beginning,
to those who have journeyed this road before me, to those who have helped me without knowing,
to a kind lab worker who can find my small veins with ease every time,
to my optimistic husband—a companion to converse with about sad things on a long road,
and to my son who has kept me busy and reassured.
To those I have deceived, flat-out lied to, withheld details from—
I am sorry, but I knew you would understand. : )
12 comments:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had my suspicions that I was being lied to. :) Although I never voiced them, the discomfort on your face the last couple sundays spoke plenty for you. I hope you are feeling well enough...at least a little better now that those first 12 weeks are behind you. We are very excited for you! Let me know if you ever need help with your primary class!! CONGRATS!!!!
Congrats Ang, that's great news.
What wonderful news! Congratulations to you. I always enjoy having a little one around, and the time spent waiting and caring him is just as wonderful.
Little did you know, even with me miles away, I've been antisipating this post (I figured it was only a matter of time:) )Congrats to both of you, I hope everything continues to go well from here.
I just screamed out loud! Way to go.
We are so happy for you guys. Let's live closer so that we can see you more often. I want to be able to spoil my nephews and nieces.
Hooray Hooray! That is super exciting. Oh and Joel Tippetts says hello. None of us could remember your maiden name, but he mentioned how much he missed your sense of humor. So we were thinking of you.
And you inspired me to do some genealogy on Sunday. Thanks :)
Congrats!! That is so exciting!! You are going to love being a mommy to two - its so much fun!! And little caleb is going to love being a big brother!!
Congratulations Angela! That's so exciting! I know you will probably not want to hear this, but at 16 weeks, I am still squeezing into my regular jeans. I don't know why the belly hasn't poked out very far. Maybe baby is lying vertically or something! Congrats again!
Congrats! I have to say little Bromus is over half way baked and some people at church don't/didn't know I'm pregnant! It is a fun little secret to eventually reveal.
AAH! Congrats, Angela! NH Thomson, huh? If you're anything like me, you've been bursting to tell people ever since you found out. I'm surprised you lasted this long! Good for you and Michael--I'm happy for all four of you!
YEA!! Congratulations!! I'm so so so happy for you! You two are great parents so this is one lucky baby!
Post a Comment