Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Give It Away


I’m taking a chord from Red Hot Chili Peppers’ song and . . .
doing a give away.
For one lucky winner I’ll create a blog header (okay, maybe a couple of headers). Woohoo!
(Hey, I’m not a chick of many talents!)

How to Enter:
I am asking for you to pay it forward, for you to spare five “sense” you have gained from your personal experience as a homemaker.
I’m not even asking for a dime, just five sense!

The sense should pertain to the maintaining of the home or the preservation of the homemaker’s welfare (aka sanity).
President Kimball advised, “Whatever your circumstance, let your premises reflect orderliness, beauty, and happiness.”
Working, working from home, staying at home, whatever the circumstance,
how do you keep order, beauty and happiness within your abode?

Got any loose change?
The “sense” could be but not limited to…
positive affirmations, recipes, helpful websites, solace, household tips, advice, products, patterns, hobbies, books, whatever.

Give a Nickel, Take a Nickel
Here’s what to do…
Post your five sense on your blog, make sure you link back here in your post, and invite your friends to donate five sense.
Comment on THIS post, mentioning your blog post’s link (Blogger creates an address for each post you publish, click your post's hyperlink title to navigate to that blog post's address, use that address when commenting on THIS post. Whew. I've gone crossed-eyed.)
Check back often to borrow someone else’s five sense.

Let’s go dutch,
here’s my five sense:
1. Scripture Study – Out of the eight rooms in my house, FOUR of them have scriptures in them: the living room, dining room, bedroom, and upstairs bathroom. I use my downtime (like during breakfast or supervising Caleb’s bath) to search, ponder and pray.
2. Peach Freezer Jam – is the best thing since sliced bread (or in Kim's case, Magic Erasers) and easy to make.
3. Mundane Exercise – The crappy parking spot at Wal-mart next to the cart rack (you know the one, the one
consigned to oblivion) is sought after by me. I have one handheld mixer and one upright mixer, I use neither. My whisk is my weapon of choice. Use mundane opportunities to exercise, as “kneaded.”
4. Youtube PlaylistSign up for a youtube account and create a playlist of your family’s favorite video clips or just
5. Know your way around a chicken – learn how to cook a whole chicken. You’ll be amazed by how easy and affordable it is.

PS Do you dig the Homespun Nickel?
Bet you wonder what the back looks like…There’s always two sides to a coin. : )

GIVE AWAY ENDS: Wednesday, FEB 3rd
when I will randomly select a commenter as a winner!

Here we go. Ready. Set. Blog!

14 comments:

Sunderhaus Family said...

Ang~
Wait so how do you create a link to your specific posting? *crying* take pity on the blog-learners!

Also, seriously, how DO you cook an entire chicken? I have one in my freezer and if I don't get some tips soon the poor guy (or girl?) will be destined for nothing but frostbite and misery. I would much prefer a nice chicken dinner. I used to know, I think, but some of my mom's cooking lessons got elbowed out of my brain when I wen to college and filled it with things I am still trying to rid it of!


R

Caitlin said...

I love this idea Angela & had a fun time trying to think of what to share as my 5 sense. Hopefully someone else sees some value in them as well. Otherwise, I sure enjoyed it! Here's a link to my post: http://caitlinwilhelm.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-5-sense.html

Amy said...

Ok, maybe ny 5 sense are a little long winded (ok, maybe a lot) but I enjoyed it!

Here goes nothin':

http://amysprinkle.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-5-sense.html

The well rounded mom said...

Here's my five sense:
http://thewellroundedmom.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-5-sense.html
Harder then I thought it would be! : )

Paula and Eddie said...

Thanks for letting me sit down and think! This was fun!

http://eddieandpaula.blogspot.com/2010/01/5-senses.html

Michelle N Lurvey said...

http://michnellelurv.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-five-cents.html

here is mine

Sunderhaus Family said...

http://sunderhaus.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-five-sense.html

This was way fun. I am enjoying reading yours and others!

Brock and Kristina said...

I did it! hooray.
http://simpleviewpoints.blogspot.com/2010/01/things-that-just-make-sense.html

Unknown said...

So my bestfriend in Mesa has a friend she has made sully from blogging. Which I think is kind of crazy, but envey it some how. Anyway, I was reading her blog today (to figure out who this girl is my friend likes so much). And I thought, wow I think Angela would really like this girl. She shares your passion for children lit. And then I realized she now lives in Boston! So if you'd like to meat your female solemate here is her blog link http://everydayreading.blogspot.com/
...Sorry if that was completly random.

Shauni said...

Thanks for the fun idea!

http://shauniandjordan.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-five-sense.html

TraciandBradley said...

Phew! I DID IT!

http://leavitt-tribe.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-friend-angela-has-awesome-blog-you.html

Geevz said...

I did it!

http://hazardousundertakings.blogspot.com/2010/01/5-sense.html

Kelly said...

I wasn't going to do it but then my girls napped at the same time and I finished cleaning my house. So, here it is, on my not private blog.

http://crowderkids.blogspot.com/2010/01/5-sense.html

Sam said...

Okay I know I am VERY late and missed the contest but I still thought this was fun so I did it anyway. Thanks for the fun idea!!

http://meetmyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/stolen-from-other-bloggers-blogs.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails