Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Full


Caleb says that Santa only gets ONE of these...
if he only knew. ; )


Snowflakes have peppermint icing.
Christmas Trees are just plain vanilla.
Stars have orange-flavored icing (Mike's favorite).

I use the same cookie and icing recipe every year.
Growing up my mom would roll out and cut out sugar cookies for the holidays. The stash would last for WEEKS! Decorating took all day. Don't get me wrong, frosting cookies is fun... for the first hour... but after that you just get lazy and want the task to be done with, so you spread the icing on and fling sugar crystals at it and move on.

Now I just use a "glaze" kind of icing, so I dip one side of the cookie down in the glaze, then put in on wax paper to set. While they set I can add sprinkles and additional designs without any fuss.
Way easier.

3 comments:

Geevz said...

I like your fancy snowflake :) I've done the glaze method before, but it's typically because I added too much liquid to my icing :)

P.S.Can you turn off the word verification? What's the point if you moderate comments anyways?

Caitlin said...

Any chance you could share your recipes?

Me said...

The sugar cookie and icing recipe I use is on my Hubalou's Kitchen blog.
:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails