Friday, January 1, 2010

Old Long Since

Remember this post?
Here’s how we measured up.
Michael:
Success!
  • Start grad school (check)
  • Not break his nose (check)
  • Read a book unrelated to engineering (check)
… and not so much a success…
  • completely read through the 2 general conferences Ensigns that come out this year
  • get the basement entirely free of its musty smell (some things are just not possible) and set up workshop down there.
Angela:
Things I had the time and the will power for…
  • incorporate more family history into our home (does writing a book, letting your son play with the drafts while your husband formats the manuscript count?)
  • settle our home (unpacked boxes are in the basement or guest room)
  • get back to basics in the kitchen
  • get pregnant again
… things I didn't…
  • try to read more “grown-up” books…FAIL.

Caleb:

A Year of Achievement
  • Turned ONE
  • Is walking
  • Had his first haircut
  • Sleeps through the night regularly
  • Looks more like mommy and less like daddy (I don’t care what you say!)
  • Obtained nursery status
  • Tried some new cuisine
  • Has followed in his father’s footsteps of being an over-achiever. (double check)
Resolutions 2010:
Michael
pay someone to paint the house,
read through the Priesthood session talks in the General Conference Ensigns.

Angela
add 30 meals to our food storage, become more active in my community,
finish the decorating the dinning room,
and get ready (emotionally, physically, spiritually)
for when I become pregnant again. Whenever that may be.

Caleb
Find a cure for Dentition.


Also, remember this post?
Aren't you PROUD of me? : )


Listen to this or this and read this.

Happy New Year!
consider this post to the effect of a sitcom clipshow... a postshow if you will.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I like the new blog look (blook?). And you are pretty brave (in my book) to make resolutions public. I am not up for that kind of accountability! Happy new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails