Instead of shuttling out to Utah each April and October I, like most American Latter-day Saints, watch the sessions in the comforts of my own home. A Mormon experience that often gets overshadowed by the Conference Center, but is a part of our unique culture.
So, here’s a glimpse of what a conference weekend looks like in our Mormon household, in case you were wondering.
But first, please scan through the photos of last May’s Ensign here, so you can draw a comparison.








I would like to document our conference next April too, and would love for you to join in on the fun! Wouldn’t it be neat to have diverse Conference experiences displayed throughout all Blogdom? Probably the easiest way to invite someone into your home for Conference without the clean-up!
(Now all I need is for someone to remind me.
Would you be a dear? :) )
Would you be a dear? :) )
For more information about General Conference click here.
PS I've joined a new blog project for LDS moms. Check it out.
PS I've joined a new blog project for LDS moms. Check it out.






5 comments:
So awesome Angela. I'm down for documenting our conference experience next time it rolls around! I'll even put a memo on my phone. Now, all I have to do it make sure I don't lose my phone...:P
I checked out the LDS Moms site and was wondering what kinds of things they are looking for as far as posting goes? I don't know what I'd be able to add, but I'd love to contribute if there's something I can share. Basically, give me more info! =)
Confession. We've stolen a tradition. Carmel rolls. I've had them before, but never made them....until Sunday morning. Delish! We ate way too many. Thanks for the idea! We don't have too many traditions yet....but I think this one is gonna stick. Love the pictures!
Angela I always look at all the pictures first too! When I was a missionary, we always had old stacks of conference Ensigns and I would sift through them looking at all the pictures! It was one of my favorite P-day activities!
I knew several missionaries in California who would make covers for their pocket planners out of duct tape. Some would decorate their planner covers with stickers that kids would give them (btw it was also the tradition to decorate the backs of nametags thusly in my mission). I did the outsides of mine in old pass-along cards and the like (pretty standard) but started the awesome trend of finding all the pretty Mormon girls from the conference editions, photocopying them out (so as to not ruin a perfectly good Ensign) and putting them on the inside of the cover. So that at the end of every 6 weeks when you took the planner out of the cover to put in a new one, you could see them and think "Ahh the wonderful blessings that await the faithful missionary... " Come to think of it, I believe one of them actually looked quite a bit like Diana.
Diana you weren't ever in any conference editions were you?
By the way, I'm totally stealing this conference tradition idea. Your photos look awesome.
Post a Comment